- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn, cut off cob
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp light miso or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, sauté onions, red bell peppers, shiitake, garlic and ginger in olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add corn and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Dilute miso in a small amount of hot broth. Add to soup.
Turn off heat, add parsley or basil, cover and let stand for five minutes before serving. Season with fresh ground black pepper.