- 4 cups buttercup or other winter squash
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp grated organic orange peel
- 2 tbsp light miso, or to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley, finally mixed
Peel and chop squash into 1-inch chunks
In a large, heavy pot, sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
Add squash and water and simmer for 30 minutes, until squash is soft. Let cool slightly. Purée in blender with miso.
Return to soup pot and add grated orange peel.
Squeeze the juice from the grated ginger into soup.
Reheat adding parsley and fresh ground pepper.